5 Considerations to Make when Choosing Cocaine Addiction Treatment
Cocaine is one of the most abused drugs in the United States. Users can quickly develop tolerance and dependence to it. Setting in motion the onset of addiction. Once a person becomes addicted to this drug, they may end up doing whatever it takes to get their hands on more. If you or a loved one have become addicted to cocaine and are having difficulty quitting, then it is best to seek cocaine addiction treatment. Choosing to get professional help is the best decision, and the safest way to stop using this harmful drug.
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, regardless how cocaine is administered -whether it is snorted, smoked, injected or it is inhaled- can lead to absorption of toxic amounts of cocaine, possible acute cardiovascular or cerebrovascular emergencies, and seizures—all of which can result in sudden death.
What Considerations Should I Make when Choosing Cocaine Addiction Treatment?
Whether you are seeking treatment to overcome cocaine addiction for yourself or a loved, there are important considerations to make in order to obtain the treatment program that is best for your needs. This can help the chances for a full and successful recovery. When choosing treatment for addiction to cocaine, here are 5 considerations to make:
- Medication-assisted treatment: One of the first steps of a recovery program is detox. When you are going through detox, you may experience many uncomfortable and/or painful withdrawal symptoms. To help ease withdrawal and reduce cravings for the drug, treatment centers often use medications. If you require this, then make sure it is available.
- Location: Would you rather the treatment facility be closer to your home? Or would you rather choose a location that is far away from all the reminders that have caused your addiction? Some may want to remain close by, while others will prefer a far location with a specific setting in mind, such as nearby mountains or the sea.
- Therapies available: Cocaine addiction treatment should also include therapies. Behavioral therapies, such as cognitive-therapy, along with group and individual counseling can help the progress of recovery immensely. Just detoxing from a drug is not enough. Addiction affects a person’s emotional well-being too.
- Amenities: From fitness programs to other extracurricular activities, amenities help individuals in treatment programs to relax. They can also participate along with others to start new friendships and build lasting relationships. It can also keep individuals stay motivated and focused on getting better by seeing how much healthier a drug-free lifestyle can be.
- After care: What happens when you complete treatment? For many individual, an ongoing program that may involve counseling, and other services may be needed for long-term recovery. Knowing that a treatment center has the resources necessary to assist you in this matter is extremely important. It can prevent relapse, and help individuals with their goals and plans to staying drug-free.
The more a treatment program can meet your current needs, the higher the probability that you will experience successful recovery, and avoid relapse. Talk to an addiction specialist and find the right treatment center to help you overcome cocaine addiction.
Other Important Considerations when Choosing Treatment for Cocaine Addiction
Another important consideration when choosing cocaine addiction treatment is the center itself and their success rate. Does it have a track record for helping cocaine addicted individuals overcome their addiction? Are they known for treating each individual in accordance to their needs? Or do they have a one-size fits all treatment program? This is very important to consider because what can work for one person, may not work for another.